Mar 11, 2016

Oscar Red Carpet Fashion Favourites

The Oscar's have passed, but the Red Carpet Fashion is still on my mind! There were some serious favourites that can not be ignored;

No Fashion Favourite can be complete without mentioning Cate Blanchett's seafoam green Armani Privé gown. As per usual she looked ethereal and elegant; very few people can pull off feathered-floral appliqués or that shade, but of course Ms. Blanchett does it effortlessly!

Speaking of effortless, Olivia Munn looked absolutely stunning and cool in her one-shoulder tangerine Stella McCartney dress. I love her matching lip and the simplicity of her hair. I want this, I could wear this... granted it wouldn't look as good on me, but a girl can dream. 

Another effortless beauty Naomi Watts sparkled in this iridescent strapless, indigo Armani dress, that her husband Liev Shrieber picked out for her to wear. I love when a man knows what looks great on his better half, especially when it's him we are often dressing for. 

Brooklyn's Saoirse Ronan paid homage to her homeland once again, in a black and green iridescent Calvin Klein. (The Irish-American actress wore a green Alberta Ferretti gown to the 2008 Oscar's and her nomination for Atonement).

Charlize Theron kept it simple in a Dior gown, (what a surprise!), but upped the drama with the tomato red shade, plunging neckline and train. It was not my favourite of all the gowns, but I can't deny that she wears it well. 

I must admit I was surprised at how good Tina Fey looked in her violet Versace gown. It is ridiculously flattering on her, and she looks confident and regal. She has come a long way, style wise since we first saw the comedian on the red carpet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails