Jan 13, 2014

Golden Globes: The Ladies of Girls

It seems only fitting to start with the ladies of HBO's hit series Girls, considering their season Premiere coincided with last night's airing of The 71st Annual Golden Globes.

Creator, executive-producer, director and writer of HBO`s Girls, Lena Dunham wore a canary yellow gown by Zac Posen. Apparently the designer told her to pose in the shape of an "S" on the red-carpet in this dress... which explains how incredibly awkward she looks. While I like the colour and the lipstick she paired with it, the dress is not for her.. I'm not sure it's right for anyone. 

Allison Williams on the other hand took an appreciated risk in Alexander McQueen. I find this dress, pretty yet casually edgy and a perfect option for a young rising actress, instead of opting for an expected intricate ballgown, or safe satin column.

I am so close to loving Zosia Mamet's black and white, floral-accented Reem Acra gown, if only she opted to wear a bra, and some lipstick. I'd be wearing a similar sardonic expression, if I was in a losing battle with gravity after someone had cut off all my hair. It should be noted, however, this may be the best the Girls actress has ever looked at an event or on a red-carpet, so she's heading in the right direction. 

I think Jemima Kirke looks very pretty here, and has some incredibly covetable hair. Although the colour and pattern of her dress reminds me of mushy cereal, it is somehow flattering and suits her. As does her date. He wouldn't be my choice, but he seems like the kind of non-conformist her character Jemma would date. I have a feeling that Jemima's character is very similar to the one she plays on TV (you know, minus the stint in rehab, although being in Hollywood, I'm sure that's around the corner)... come to think of it, I believe that of all the girls of Girls. It'll be interesting to see them in future projects... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails