Jan 16, 2014

Golden Globes Fashion Favourites Part 2

The other day I showed-off some of my favourite looks from this year's Golden Globes Awards, but that list was only half way complete, so let's carry on.

Kate Beckinsale was one of the last people to walk onto the red carpet 7 minutes before the show was set to being, due to zipper failure and having to be sewn into her Zuhair Murad gown in her limo. This silhouette is perfectly Kate, and normally I'd complain that she should mix things up, that the same old is yawn inducing, but let's be honest she looks perfect in it. 

I'm certain I'm not the only one who wished she was sitting at Emma Thompson's table. She came onstage, Louboutin's in one hand, martini in another as my heart rolled down my sleeve for her! Not only did she seem happy to be there and fun as hell but she looked great! The gold top of her dress complimented her golden hair, and she glowed. I hope I'm that cool when I grow up. 

When Naomi Watts walked on-stage in her metallic, halter-neck Tom Ford dress, I loved the metal on metal contrast, side-boob and sheer panels at her obliques. Unfortunately I did not come across a photo that did the look the justice it deserves. 

Speaking of metallic and side-boob, Robin Wright inspired a little envy in me when she originally stood up to accept her award. Besides appearing incredibly thin, I was starting to hate on the 47 year old woman who was able to wear a backless dress (I just need the frontal support, dammit), that was until I caught a side-view of the boob-tape supporting her ladies under her gold  Reem Acra, and I felt a slight sigh of relief. Not that I could get away with merely wearing tape, but at least she needed some assistance, regardless of how minor to give her a slight lift. Yea that's right, I envy small-breasted woman, just goes to prove it is not greener on the other side. 

Our Canadian Tatiana Maslany may have lost to Robin Wright for Best Actress in a Television series for her work in Orphan Black (also Canadian), but she definitely won on the red-carpet channeling old school glam in this Jenny Packham beaded gown. I wish she got more air time so the rest of the world could marvel at how effortlessly she pulled this off. 

There's something about the simplicity of Reese Witherspoon teal Calvin Klein dress that I really appreciated. It may have appeared too casual to some, but among all the glitterati it was a refreshing change. She was well styled with a sleek bob and Harry Winston jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails