Jan 14, 2014

71st Annual Golden Globes Awards

The new year is moving forward with or without you, the gyms are packed with hopeful "fatties" and awards season has officially begun. Starting with the 71st Golden Globes which took place this past Sunday January 12th at The Beverly Hilton, in.. you guessed it, Beverly Hills. While watching the awards, something I swear I have missed for most of 2013, I experience a lot of "love it" moments, mixed with some "that's nice" and confusion and a few "wtf?!?!" moments. The following are some of my red-carpet or stage standouts. 

When I first spotted Margot Robbie, I actually thought she was Jonah Hill's eye-candy. Clearly the Jamie Pressly-look-alike is making a name for herself after staring alongside Jonah and Leo in The Wolf of Wall Street, and by sporting this gorgeous low-cut, cream Gucci gown with embroidered emeralds and crystals. While the slit is definitely teetering on "Gyno-levels," it's done right and the pop of green at her feet in those Louboutin's is splendid and helps bring the eye to her feet instead of lady-bits.

One of my absolute favourites did not have any air time, but that won't stop me from gushing! Masters of Sex star Lizzy Caplan looked incredible in this art-deco-inspired Pucci column dress. The mix of textures, the detailing, the cut. Just perfect!

Another standout is 12 Years a Slave's Lupita Nyong'o, who not only just graduated from Yale but also "How to Kick ass on a Major Red Carpet," which let's be honest about which one actually impresses the masses... Her caped Ralph Lauren column dress was simple yet made a statement with its bold colour that looked absolutely incredible against her flawless skin. She was such a standout for me, it was hard to take my eyes off her to see who else was seated at her table.

Olivia Wilde was adorably pregnant in a shimmering emerald Gucci dress, which I loved despite her looking like a giant serpent who has just devoured its helpless and bulbous prey. 

Cate Blanchett attended the awards as superbly as usual, in this beautiful lace confection from Armani Privé.

Did I mention it was backless? And it appears that there is not a mesh panel keeping Cate in there, unlike her infamous Galliano at the 1999 Oscars.

There was something about Elisabeth Moss' J. Mendel dress that just caught my attention. It was intricately detailed, original, pretty and just super cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails