Oct 21, 2013

Where Burlesque, Twerking and Beethoven Meet

Whenever I'm trying to work on my flexibility practicing my splits and a song I really enjoy starts over the headphones, I find it almost physically impossible not to flex and shake my ass, even in that position as silly as I feel, the music and the urge to twerk take over (it should noted, I could never actually see myself twerking in club, only in the comforts of my home or gym). It turns out, I am not alone! A year and a half ago, Chicago-based, Illinois-born burlesque performer Michelle L'Amour had an idea, place a bowtie on her ass, take a seat and twerk her assets to Beethoven's "Fifth Symphony," and now her efforts and vision have gone viral! It's mesmerizing, and really helps me feel a bit better about my excessive posterior jiggle, I never realized I was creating a potential classical masterpiece!

And for those of you who want to practice at home, L'Amour's "sheet music" is available below... 

Looks like I'm going to have to work on my "Tutti Booti."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails