Jul 18, 2013

End of an Era, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett headed to BK

So it's official and has been for about 5 days now, my favourite NBA player Paul Pierce has been traded to the Brooklyn Nets.  When I first heard the rumours weeks ago I felt sad.  I truly am a Boston Fan, but first and foremost my love and loyalties lie with Mr Pierce himself. So honestly I was dreading the thought of him having to go to another team.

However one of his bestest KG Kevin Garnett is going with him!  This made me feel a bit better, knowing that they have played together for years and they ebb and flow beautifully with each other. 

The deal entailed the Nets receiving Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry and D.J. White, while sending Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans, MarShon Brooks and receiving first round draft picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018.  All this to help rebuild the Celtics.  Boston does have an opportunity to swap the first round picks in 2017.

Now the plus side is this trade will hopefully help the Nets this year at least clinch the Eastern Conference Final and with my fingers crossed maybe even the Championship. Another positive note I reside closer to BK than Boston and I've always wanted to check out the new Barclays Center. Maybe my first game will be the Nets against the Celtics!

Paul Pierce I wish you all the best in this new Chapter and I look forward to seeing you play against the Raptors in your new Black and White!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails