Jun 19, 2013

RIP James Gandolfini, Farewell Tony Soprano.

The man that started my Sunday night wine ritual has passed away, James Gandolfini at the age of 51 died today due to a massive heart attack.  He was vacationing in Rome, Italy at a film festival.  

From the moment I watched James Gandolfini portray everyones favourite Mob Boss Tony Soprano I fell in love.  I followed the Sopranos every Sunday night the same way all North Americans did.  Tony Sopranos strong yet vulnerable character had me hooked. I was gonna be one of Tony Sopranos Goomahs (I've always had high hopes).  


James had some pretty impressive wins as Tony Soprano grabbing the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series three times.  


Salute to you James Gandolfini, I'll be remembering you tonight while I enjoy my glass of wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails