Apr 17, 2013

Pound the Rock Raptors!!!

Tonight is the Raptors final home game of the season.  They will be playing against my beloved Boston Celtics, who are just coming off of cancelling their last two games due to the horrific bombings at the Boston Marathon this Monday.

The Celtics are currently have the 7th spot in the Eastern Conference.  They have clinched their spot in the playoffs but tonight may be a tough game as the Raptors are currently 6-1 in their last 7 games.  The Raptors are pounding the rock these days, some may say a little too late, but I think they are showing us what is to come next season.

My Birthday wish was to see this game tonight at the ACC, but alas no dice. Never the less I'll be cheering from my lovely couch, all decked out in my Celtics gear, since it's their regular seasons last game too. 

UPDATE : I am going to tonight's game after all.  Due to the wonderful Birthday Surprise from Aleashia Ga.  On a less joyous note the Boston Celtics will be wearing black bands on their uniforms tonight in remembrance of the victims from the bombings at the Boston Marathon. 

This awful act has hit me hard as I myself am a runner.  I have dreamed of running in the Boston Marathon for years and I hope that these horrible circumstances do not take away from the amazing event that it will be and that is has been for the past 117 years.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that has been effected by this horrible attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails