Feb 11, 2013

The 55th Grammy's Fashion Favourites

I have a few favourite Red Carpet moments of the year, and the Grammy's are usually one of them, only this year CBS was trying to take them off my list by implementing a sideboob/underboob/sheer ban! Fortunately there were a few artists who pushed the envelope of the modesty code, and naturally those few fall under my favourites list.

Starting the often skin-baring Rihanna, who looked like a supermodel in a red custom Azzedine Alaia gown with sheer paneled bodice which often threatened to expose Rihanna's "RiRi's" (I mean her nipples). Fortunately, Rihanna made sure that was fast forgotten by snuggling up with Chris Brown inside the Staples Center. 

I'm well aware that Katy Perry has naturally huge boobs, but in this retro-inspired mint green, ample cleavage baring Gucci dress, her breasts appear to have been enhanced. I'm sure they're not, since that would be a pointless trip under the knife, regardless I love the contrast of her black hair and the mint, and the over-the-top yet somehow just-right collar embellishment, it really brings out her.. boobs. Let's face it, it's all about her boobs. 

Modesty be damned! Not only did Kelly Rowland laugh in the face of the sideboob police, but she also threatened to show off her future child's destiny (see what I did there? Too much? I feel that was a little gross, but that's because I'm a very visual person), in a black Georges Chakra dress. Normally I wouldn't be a fan of a dress with a chevron parked right at the woman's lady-ness, but in this instant I find it quite fitting.

It wasn't until I saw this photo that I was even aware of what Taylor Swift had walked the Red Carpet in, but I love her J. Mendel gown. I find it expresses both who T. Swift once was and who she has now become; romantic, airy Grecian goddess, meets warrior princess.


I am rarely a fan of Alicia Keys fashion choices and unfortunately this photo isn't doing the singer any justice but she stood out in her strappy, black Azzedine Alaia dress on the Red Carpet, looking daring yet still following the modesty guidelines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails