Feb 4, 2013

Golden Globe Favourites: Black

My list of favourites continues, but there were such an impressive quantity that I needed to separate them into categories. Normally black gowns are my least favourite, I often find them incredibly boring (and yet I wear a lot of black), but some of the dresses found within this list were actually my favourites of the entire evening.

Starting with Ms. Heather Elle's "Twin" (they share the same birthday and dye job, and yet she insists they are twins. If that were the case, I'd be twins with both CougarTown and Dawson Creek alum Busy Phillips and Lala Vasquez-Anthony! You can see the similarities, right?), Kate Hudson. I am obsessed with her Alexander McQueen dress! She's got the apparent sternum-exposing trend of the evening, and then there's that beautiful metallic collared neckline! She's smoldering!

I'm sure Helen Mirren wasn't actually attempting to compete with a 33 year old woman, and yet here she is holding more than her own against all the actresses half her age, in a Badgley Mischka. She is literally laughing in the face of aging, all the while proving that laughter is indeed the secret to staying forever young! 

Another actress who never fails to smolder with those curves, is the volumptiously petite, Salma Hayek in a simple black sequined Gucci Premiere gown with bow accent.

I don't know what it is about Paz Vega's dress that I like so much, but there it is... She just encompasses so much drama in something so basic.

Julianne Moore looked chic in a white panel-accented black column dress by Tom Ford with bold shoulders. I feel like she could have accessorized this a lot more, at least I would have been rocking a giant bib necklace, but the minimalist look works for her.  

How can you not love Helena Bonham Carter? Besides her awesome performance, in well, everything, she did a superb job in Les Mis, and she's carrying a pair of lips on the red carpet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails