Jan 14, 2013

Les Miserables on the race for Oscar



One of my favourite childhood memories is going to see Les Miserables.  Too Much Pretty and I at the tender age of 12 headed down to Hamilton Place with our whole school to take in this beautiful Masterpiece. The play spoke to me then and still does to this day. Left the theatre tonight with puffy eyes and wet cheeks.  I am forever touched.   

After watching last nights 70th annual Golden Globe ceremonies, I am not the only one that has been touched, so has the Hollywood Foreign Press.  Winning Best Pictures, Musical or Comedy, Best Supporting Actress (Anne Hathaway) and Best Actor Musical or Comedy (Hugh Jackman)


The film has received 7 nods from the Oscars.  Including Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress.  

My prediction is that Anne Hathaway will runaway with this award.  Her performance is powerful and breathtaking.  "I Dreamed a Dream" left me with goosebumps and tears to my eyes. 

Now we are only in the first two weeks of January, but if you see one film this year, I recommend that you choose this one.  Maybe you will forever be touched as well, or least make you want to join the cast and be in the ensemble. 

3 comments:

  1. It has been informed by you that Les Miserable is in the race for Oscars. The article is very informative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good steps have been used in this article. By giving these type of examples we can easily understand what the writter is saying in this article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails