Jan 31, 2013

Golden Globes Favourites

The SAG awards just aired, and I'm only now getting to the Golden Globes!? There were simply too many dresses and disasters for one girl to take it all in! Let's start with the favourites, compiled from all the Red Carpets of the GG pre-parties, and after-parties along with the main event.

When I first saw our hosting duo, I was a little disappointed and even confused as to why they were not in the beautiful gold sparklers they donned in the show's promo ads. I thought Tina Fey looked quite nice in her L'Wren Scott dress, but besides Amy Poehler rocking what ended up being one of the night's trends (deep-v's), her ensemble was rather lack-luster. Then I saw her Stella McCartney pantsuit in its entirety, I didn't realize she had on cigarette pants, and those heels!! And now, I love it.  

Also I love them. I mean how could you not?! They were hilarious, looked good, and made excellent reference to both the Golden Globes as a show and the prep it takes us to be there, (Hunger Games: to fit into the dress. Life of Pi(e) after the show's completion.) Well played ladies.

I'm not sure if Ashley Tisdale actually attended the awards or just the parties, but she looks absolutely incredible in her pale blush Issa gown.

I find Claire Danes is one of those girls that you respect, but don't really like, she's got that awkward "I'm too intelligent/cool for this business/conversation/award/you" vibe, so it's not always easy for me to pay her a compliment. But this burnt orange Atelier Versace dress looks great on her, and she just had a baby. So kudos.

Emily Blunt's gold cut-out Michael Kors gown is a dress that looks good on very few body types (mine being one of them), but she is pulling it off with glee!

I didn't see Jennifer Westfeldt walk the red carpet, but I was immediately drawn to this photo of her in this violet iridescent Naeem Khan gown and her Hamm. 


Also in Naaem Khan is Nicole Richie in this beautiful pale blue, embroidered, long-sleeved gown. This photo really does not do the dress justice. It's simply radiant.

I'm certain I was among the many who were wondering, what the eff Jessica Alba was even doing at the Golden Globes, her life and career may be irrelevant but in her defense she was full on Hollywood glam in a peach Oscar de la Renta gown. In fact it almost makes me want to like her. Almost.

Odette Annable (formerly known as Odette Yustman) knows how to dress for an Awards show after-party. She killed it in this neon trimmed Rachel Roy asymmetrical gown, and accessorized perfectly. I could not imagine any other shoe with this dress, and I am now suddenly realizing that perhaps this was my inspiration for my "neon shoe" dress code rule I created for my sister's upcoming bachelorette party!?

There are two things I loved about Taylor Swift's Donna Karen Atelier taffeta gown; the first being the back view. The low-cut back and what appeared to be sheer panels, are incredibly sexy and flattering, although I could do without the mermaid tail.

The second being the plum colour. It's not often we see T-Swift in anything less than shiny, shimmering, silver sequins, and although I am a big fan of that look, this is a refreshing and welcomed change. Brava. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails