Oct 3, 2012

Emmy Awards: Show Favourites

Let's talk Emmy's. They happened on Sunday and although I wasn't originally excited for them (I find they often pass by without me even realizing they were due to air), I was quite happy I watched the show. The presenters were entertaining, Jon Stewart's acceptance "entrance" was hilarious, and my idea of a fun life, Jimmy Kimmel didn't suck, and the fashion was much better than I had expected. Let's talk Emmy's fashion;
 
First up on the red carpet at the 2012 Emmy Awards is Modern Family's Ariel Winter, in a Katherine Kidd floral waterfall dress, which I fell in love with the moment I saw her and the rest of her "Family" on stage. It's young, fun, pretty and appropriate. A strappy silver sandal or even a one of the hues from her watercolour dress would have been a better choice for footwear, but overall I like the look.

When I saw Edie Falco presenting on stage, my first reaction was to "ooh" over the unexpected modern look the actress chose with her belted, two-tone Stella McCartney dress. Granted it's been worn on a red carpet by both Gwyneth Paltrow and an Sports Illustrated model in the past, but who says you have to always be the first to debut something great? If it's wonderful, wear it! And re-wear it! Re-vamp it, and re-wear it again!

Another "ooh" moment that I shared out loud with Ms. Heather Elle, was when Nashville star, Hayden Panettiere debut a Marchesa Spring 2013 Bollywood inspired draped gown. I absolute love this dress and am quite excited for her new show, can't wait to check out the country fashion and southern drama!

Remeber when Morena Baccarin was in that show with Tom Cruise-look-a-like Bailey from Party of Five, and we were supposed to believe that she was an alien or something? Yeah... If this is what aliens looked like, we'd have no one left on Earth! Needless to say I think she is stunning, and needs to give Christy Turlington back her face and I'll take over the ownership of this Basil Soda gown. 

Canadian beauty Jessica Pare channeled her inner Grace Kelly and perhaps used her show Mad Men as inspiration in her white, one-shouldered Jason Wu gown. She kept the retro-vibe with a classic red lip and simple updo. As a woman who just embarked on a braces journey, I only had one complaint...

Tina Fey looked surprisingly lovely and elegant in a maroon Vivienne Westwood corset gown I love the embroidered neckline, and think she looks fabulous. Funny and hot? Jenny McCarthy isn't the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails