May 4, 2012

Fitness Friday: Jukari Fit to Fly

After having been working out since I was 11 years old to re-runs of the 20-Minute Workout, I'm consistently looking for something new, fun, fresh, challenging... anything to keep from getting bored and prevent my muscles becoming too accustomed. That includes fitness books, DVDs, dance classes, pole classes, boot camp, and my most recent venture took me to King West Fitness in Liberty Village where I tried Jukari Fit to Fly. The program was developed by Reebok and Cirque du Soleil and as you may suspect incorporates trapeze bars hanging from the gyms ceiling. Don't let that scare you though, you won't find yourself hanging upside down without a net, at least not in the first class!

The program combines aerobics, strength moves and light acrobatics which focus mostly on upper body strength and the core, and of course there's the element of fun that makes this workout feel more like you're playing in the playground then ripping your bicep muscles. It feels like a childhood dream may shortly become a reality... any day now I'll be running around to join the circus!

Watch the (relatively cheesy) video above and visit King West Fitness for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails