May 7, 2012

Andre 3000 to Play Jimi Hendrix

A Jimi Hendrix biopic, All is By My Side has finally been given a green-light and is starring Andre 3000. 3 Stacks has been rumoured to be portraying the guitar genius since 2004 which the Hughes Brothers were supposed direct, and then all rumours of the project had fizzled. Fans of both musical innovators can now rejoice since the now John Ridley-directed project will begin filming this June (my birthday month) in Ireland (my "motherland," I'm just trying to make the point that this indicates greatness).

The film will cover the period that Hendrix was discovered at the Cheetah Club in NYC by Rolling Stone's Keith Richards former girlfriend, who introduced Jimi to his manager (and The Animals bass guitarist) Chas Chandler in 1966 and follows him until the release of his debut album Are You Experienced in 1967. I'm certainly excited to see both the story and what elements 3-Stacks brings to memory of the icon. I'll think of it as some kind of birthday gift, (yes, somehow I always manage to bring it back to me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails