Mar 27, 2012

Live in the City: Gotye (Toronto)

The other day Gotye's hit single "Somebody I Used to Know" was playing on the car stereo as my mother-dearest drove me to the Hamilton GO Station. "They're from here...!" she proclaimed, which I had no idea, and could not believe, but "they" (Gotye and Kimbra) were on Ellen, one of my mother's main sources of information and it's a relatively reliable one. So when I heard there was a performance happening here in TO this weekend Saturday March 31st at the Kool Haus, granted a sold out performance, I started doing some "research" for this post. As is turns out, Gotye aka Wouter "Wally" De Backer is from Bruges, Belgium and the featured songstress on the track Kimbra is from Hamilton.... New Zealand! Oh mother!

Anyway, for those that are attending this show that not only sold out in 3 minutes, it also had to switch to a larger venue, have a fantastic time this weekend. And for the rest of us, have fun bartering with the scalpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails