Feb 27, 2012

NBA All-Star Game Performances: Nicki Minaj, Mary J Blige, Pitbull, Chris Brown & Ne-Yo

Last night was a busy night in television for me, both the NBA All-Star Game was airing along side the Oscar's. Needless to say I was switching back and forth through both (the game has been PVR'd of course, in case I missed any of the action!), I did catch the opening performance (and Idris Elba intro *swoon*), along with a the national anthems and part of the half-time show. For those of you who missed any check the videos below.

Why Nicki Minaj was chosen to open the show, I'm unaware, but it was thanks to these performances I was re-introduced to songs that I wasn't even aware were hers! She opened with “Moment 4 Life,” and “Turn Me On,” to introduce the winning West team.

Nicki performed “Starships,” to introduce to East All-Star team and ended her performance with “Super Bass.” Mary J Blige performed the "Star Spangled Banner" while Toronto group that I have never heard of, Neverest performed "Oh! Canada," and I will include them once I find a good quality video of both performance.

Naturally Pitbull opened the Halftime show, along with Chris Brown and Ne-Yo. I can not wait to watch this entire thing throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails