Jan 27, 2012

Fitness Friday: Quad Spin (Toronto)

I tried spinning for the first time when I was in university, and besides a few seat issues and occasional lady part discomfort, I loved it. It was intense, I sweat, and I could feel it "working," granted I'm slightly masochistic when it comes to exercise, but I live off the feeling of getting my ass kicked, otherwise I often feel like I've wasted my time. Then I graduated and left spinning in the past (but took my much needed gel seat cover with me!).

Well thanks to the encouragement of friends and Quad Spin Toronto, I've not only survived my first spin class in 8 years, I've also survived 3 early mornings this week of boot camp with George Chaker, which Quad now includes in their membership options! George pushes you through an hour of burpies, jump squats, lunges, crunches and more using weights, resistance balls and the dreaded Gliders; which you get to pair up with an additional hour of endurance, strength and speed at on a bike at Quad!

I'm not sure how long I'm going to be able to keep up this pace, but what I do know is my body is aching so I HAVE to be getting a great workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails