Dec 2, 2011

Ghostface Killah Live in TO

Wu-Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah, aka Iron Man, aka Pretty Toney, aka Dennis Coles is performing tonight at Toronto's Sound Academy. Not exactly my favourite venue, although I have seen a couple of great shows there, Lykke Li and Kendrick Lamar, but seeing Ghostface live is a must! I caught the Chef aka Raekwon live when he was here in April, and saw him at Toronto's Time Nightclub when he was just chilling in one of his (and my) favourite cities in September for Manifesto; Method Man and Redman when they were on their Blackout! Tour in 1999, and I've even witnessed a whole Wu-Tang reunion, twice, at Rock the Bells. So while experiencing one of the hip hop's greatest storytellers without the backup of one of the greatest rap groups of all time, is not on my bucketlist, it's still on my wish list, and tonight I get to make it a reality!

I'm pretty excited! Not only because I get to see Ghost, but also to see who's in attendance, I'm certain it will be filled with Toronto's finest and truest music enthusiasts. Also, I'm really hoping I get to sing along to "Cherchez LaGhost."

Tommy Mattola, lives on the road/He lost his lady, two months ago/Maybe he'll find her, maybe he won't/Oh wonder that love
Brothers try to pass me, but none could match me/No girl can freak me, I'm just too nasty/Lost on the dance floors, I attack y'all/Snuck through the back door, guess who they saw?/Goldie and Ghost, black African Rose/Star-studded low lenses, plus the mural was dope/Airbrush W-B's, STOP!/(Shake your body, body)/And cop a couple of these/(She's a hottie, hottie)
Can. Not. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails