Nov 25, 2011

The Weeknd - The Knowing (video)

Last night at 12:01 am, Abel Tesfaye, better known as The Weeknd released the new visuals to his track "The Knowing," via his Twitter account off of his debut and widely popular mixtape, House of Balloons. This futuristic Mikael Colombu (Cee-Lo Green, Bilal) directed video has a sexy, apocalyptic feel to it. I'm reminded of a couple films I've watched throughout my life, including 1982s Arthur Rankin Jr. directed animation The Last Unicorn, and 1985s Legend starring Tom Cruise; throw in Tron for a more futuristic-futuristic effect.

What do you think of the sci-fi themed video? Do you think the visuals match the song?

The Weeknd's third mixtape, Echoes of Silence is due to release before 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how to describe this video. For some reason right off the bat I thought about MJ's Smooth Criminal, unsure why but that's what hit me. I also swear I saw Jar Jar Binks in there. It felt a little Narniaesque with the lion aswell. So many things happening in this one video.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails