Nov 22, 2011

Toronto Blue Jays Unveil New Look

The Toronto Blue Jays are putting the "blue" back in Blue Jays, by reintroducing the appearance of blue in their uniforms, which we haven't seen for almost 10 years (for reasons Torontonians have been scratching their heads over for nearly a decade). Players will wear blue hats and shoes for all games next season, with their white uniforms at home, heather grey on the road, and their new royal blue jerseys will serve as alternates.

Not only were the players uniforms revised but so was the logo. The Jays turned to the original 1977 logo for inspiration, and came up with something I think all Canadians will wear proudly.

I know I've always preferred the old school logo to the more modern, overstated 3D "J" people have been sporting on the New Era caps since 2004.
Don't get me wrong, I thought it was an interesting turn, but it just seemed... forced. Like they were trying to hard to be cool, and let's face it, we're Torontonians, we don't need to try!
See?! We've had it right since 1977! So I'm excited to pick up a new retro-inspired Jays tee and wear it proudly. Not that I'll be retiring my old one of course; I've been squeezing myself into that one since 1986! Long live vintage!

1 comment:

  1. I love that we've gone back to our roots. Perhaps I need to add another new era hat to my collection. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails