Nov 29, 2011

Movember: Nearing the End

As sad as all the gents rocking their creepy staches may be, Movember is nearing its end...And women across the nation are heaving a sigh of relief, because let's face it, all that facial hair may be for a great cause, but it's really hard to tell who's attractive and who's not, who's an actual creeper and who's just sacrificing their credibility for the sake of their sack. In the beginning I was actually looking forward to this month, since I often love a full beard, but in the past 29 days I have learned that I do NOT love a creeper-stache, and can not wait to hear the unanimous buzz this Thursday, December 1st, so I can start passing judgement again, accurately.

But enough about my gripes, here's the good stuff:

So far Movember has raised $70.9 million globally, $25.4 million of that has come from our home and native land, Canada. We have raised twice the amount of our Southern cousins, the United States, a country that is more than triple our size in population!! The runner up is the United Kingdom at an impressive $16.6 million.

I can't help but wonder if, besides our naturally giving nature, or knowing that prostate cancer will affect 1 in 7 Canadian men, this impressive Canadian outcome has anything to do with the loss of our beloved, stached Jack Layton who was diagnosed with prostate cancer before he passed.

For those who still want to donate, you've got time! Just visit the Movember Canada website.

1 comment:

  1. It is very impressive stats. I'm proud of my home Country!!! I have to say Mark Twain rocked a pretty sweet stache. Happy Birthday Mark!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails