Nov 21, 2011

2011 American Music Awards

Who caught last night's 2011 American Music Awards? The show was co-hosted by Pitbull and Nicki Minaj, who opened the show with David Guetta. I only watched half of it, but I didn't see much of Nicki after that besides her shuffling on stage to accept an award she had won, which I am more than thankful for. She sounded horrible except for where her voice was assisted (similar to Jennifer Lopez's performance, but let's face it, that woman CAN NOT sing), also her wardrobe choice annoyed my eyes and logic. If you can not walk without assistance, chances are you're wearing it wrong aka change shoes or devote yourself to them completely and have them surgically attached. Although inadvisable, staples might work.

The only two who were winning the fashion game of the quad above would be the bookends, who appeared to actually enjoy Nicki's performance as they sang along verbatim. But before you start question either girl's musical taste, it should be noted that Taylor Swift is apparently responsible for the production and success of Nicki's "Superbass." Sigh. Perhaps Nicki should remember to only credit the actual producers of her songs in her acceptance speech, and keep her gratitude for her friends and fans separate, but what do I know? I've never won an AMA.... Yet.

1 comment:

  1. As I too have only viewed half the show and at this point I'm not impressed. I can only say, the reason I will continue to watch it(since its PVRd) is to see Drake's performance. I'm over T Swift and I'd really like her to stop winning awards this season. Again I am just sayin.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails