Oct 5, 2011

RIP Steve Jobs

"have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you want to become"
Today marks the loss of an incredible visionary in not only the world of electronics, but communication and culture, Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, lost his battle to cancer today at age 56. Ironically I was thinking about Steve Jobs this morning when his name was mentioned on the morning show I had playing in the background, they were announcing Timothy D. Cook's first act as the new head of Apple. I couldn't help but think about the act that inspired Steve to turn-over his CEO duties to another person, and what it must have meant regarding his health, it seemed dismal, but clearly I had hope for his recovery, because I was trying to imagine whatever loop-hole he may have developed to put himself back in charge once he was back on his feet. Clearly, my positive thinking was misguided. Oddly enough, shortly after this random collage of thoughts, I had a mishap with my netbook and my have fried it, which encouraged thoughts of transitioning over to the Apple-family (I'm a PC and have been relatively anti-Apple for as long as I can remember, it frustrates me that people invest in them solely as status pieces instead of actual usage and need). Perhaps these are all signs that I should invest in Steve's vision in some way? (As I write all this on a MacBook... the signs are starting to get eerie.)

Thanks to Steve Jobs and his team, my options are varied, MacBooks, iPads, iPods, iPhones, MacAir; there's a whole world of apps I could be a part of... He's manage to create a whole new world of technology and a whole community that not only remain loyal to the brand, but understand each other's obsession. It really is amazing to consider all that he's accomplished and a shame that the ride has ended at such a young age. Rest in peace, Steve Jobs, hope your enjoying that apple in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails