Aug 9, 2011

Atmosphere Live in TO

Tomorrow night, Wednesday August 10th, Atmosphere returns to Toronto to promote their 7th studio album, The Family Sign with The Family Vacation Tour, alongside Blueprint (the "Joe Budden" of Rhymesayers), Evidence, DJ Babu and Prof. I have not seen Atmosphere live in my city since 2005, I believe (before I moved to Las Vegas)! So I am clearly ready to meet them at the border with a welcome party; or at the very least, meet them at the venue with a smile, a camera, a concrete knowledge of all the lyrics, some enthusiasm and a pair of wedges (so my petite stature can see the stage!).

You can still get your tickets for this live event at the Phoenix Concert Hall, which I guarantee will be incredible, just make sure you do it before you arrive at the door, and look for the girl lip syncing along, with the bemused look on her face, in the heels.... I shouldn't be too hard to find.

*Take note: In the US Atmosphere brings "the high heels." Every girl wants Slug to notice them, write a song about them, spout off some of his prolific poetry; we all love a broken man who's got a gift of prose, it seems.
I'll take you anyway that I can have you/Bring along your ethics and your issues and your taboos/It's not the standard free bird situation/But your talking to these pieces of a man whose trying to make it/Thru the puzzles, travels, struggles, battles/The body pillow pimp trying to snuggle with my shadow/We could stay proper keep the clothes on, no pressure/Just hold me and pretend like you've known me forever/Won't ya../
Yes I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails