Jul 5, 2011

Kendrick Lamar - Section 80

Three weeks ago on Thursday June 17th, Californian native Kendrick Lamar made his Canadian debut in Toronto, alongside AbSoul, Schoolboy Q, Lord Quest and friends to promote the release of his album, Section 80, and celebrated his 24th birthday. That night Kendrick played snippets of the entire album, and what we heard was sounding pretty promising. As it turns out, I'm not the only one who thought so; as of this week Section 80 has soared to the #1 spot on iTunes HipHop/Rap charts, and is #3 overall! What a great birthday present! Below is a video of Kendrick performing "Micheal Jordan" to the Toronto crowd, which I was a part of.

I had a chance to speak with Kendrick that night, and was not only impressed by his performance but also by his reading material, and chip choice (All Dressed, welcome to Canada gentlemen!), there was a copy of one of my favourite novels backstage. it was a great night and this is well deserved success! Congrats!

2 comments:

  1. Great post man! I always follow your blog because it is full of compelling information about various things. I like to read this post because I met so many new facts about it actually. It's really great that I noticed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good post. This post give truly quality information.I’m definitely going to look into it.Really very useful tips are provided here.thank you so much.Keep up the good works

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails