Jul 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Canada!

Ô Canada!
Terre de nos aïeux,
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Today Canada celebrates it's 144th birthday. The many options I had to spend this beautifully sunny (and humid) day in Ontario, included heading to the Beach (in my case it probably would have been Port Dover); going to an "awesome" cottage in Huntsville (a tried and true Canadian tradition); visiting the nation's capital and viewing the Royal Newlyweds in Ottawa; or staying home and cleaning (in preparation for my upcoming European vacation); I've decided to join my "roommate" and head to her trailer at one of my former favourite long-weekend spots, Fergus and Elora. Hopefully I can make it back to Toronto for some sangria and mojitos at Ultra's patio lounge and the Pride Parade on Sunday. However, you decide to celebrate our nation's birth, be safe and have fun and sing our anthem proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails