Jun 11, 2011

MTV Movie Awards

Since MuchMusic just finished a repeat viewing of the MTV Movie Awards, I decided to look up some of the Red (or whatever colour they featured this year) carpet appearances. I was a little surprised (and disappointed) that I didn't find any major shockers or jaw droppers... I guess we'll just have to wait the MTV Music Awards in September, until then let's scrutinize the following:

Emma Stone could have easily made it into my list of favourites in her striped yellow and grey Bottega Veneta bustier dress with lace overlay, but I excluded her for reasons I can no longer describe, perhaps I miss the blonde hair? Although let's be honest, she makes an excellent ginger, especially with this strawberry shade.

Another possible contender for my previous list of favourites but was omitted for various reasons was Blake Lively who wore this fitted, electric blue Michael Kors sheath which she paired with purple suede Louboutin's. The combo is great, but of all occasions for Blake to pull out her infamous leg & titty exposure tour, MTV would be it!

I have such extreme hair envy that I can barely focus on 14 year old Hailee Steinfeld's Louis Vuitton tux. It's an interesting look and fashion statement for such a young girl to make, that I question whether she made the choice to wear this herself. I like it, but would prefer on a someone older.
Like Cameron Diaz, who attended the event in a leg baring Philip Lim romper; Which is basically the black tie version of something a 13 year old would wear...

No, really, it is. Following Cam's lead but "funning" it up with a fun floral print, 13 year old Elle Fanning walked the carpet in this adorable D&G romper, which she paired perfectly with floral wedges.

Sticking with a youthful crossover theme, Brooklyn Decker chose not to show off her enviable curves and instead wore a gold No. 21... sack. Perfect for a 6 year old to run around the yard and play in at a formal family function, but not the best choice for a 24 year old swimsuit model.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails