Jun 7, 2011

2011 MTV Movie Award Favourites

I'd be lying if I said I actually watched this awards show, instead I was busy sitting on a patio drinking a Skinny Bitch with great company, enjoying Toronto's beautiful weather; finally feels like summer is coming! With that said, just because I didn't watch, doesn't mean I don't take note of the fashion choices. The following are the favourites,

Katie Cassidy has often found herself in my favourites list, she has a great sense of fit and form and isn't afraid to take a bit of risk. I'm happy to see her on a carpet again, it's been too long! And she's done it again in this sultry, 70s inspired crocheted lace and knit Catherine Malandrino with nude underlay. It's very similar to a dress Chanel designed a couple years back that I was in love with... I loved it then and I love it now.

Emma Watson never disappoints, the British actress chose a white silk Marchesa mini, with embroidered cap sleeves. I love the combination of classic, yet edgy; it helps that her pixie cut isn't competing with the embellishments of the dress also. This is the first time I've actually approved of her recent cut.

I swear I've seen Kristen Stewart in a dress similar, with that said, it's hard to go wrong with Balmain! Her safety-pin covered red leather mini was originally presented as a jacket on the runway, and altered for the Twilight star.

It was clearly a great night, since we got Balmain twice! Leighton Meester also chose the flashy designer in a silver mirrored mini. Balmain always proves to be a perfect choice for such an event.

And either my plane crashed on my way home from Cuba (oh yeah! More on that later), or this summer is going to be great, because not only we were presented with two Balmain mini's, but Mila Kunis (shown with "platonic" friend Justin Timberlake) also chose the usually exclusive designer, in a black top and embellished mini.

Justin Bieber's girlfriend also made the list, looking fresh and clean (cue Outkast) in white silk Giambattista Valli separates with a print of Petit Trianon at Versailles. It's a great look, this girl will help the Biebs look less like a child, guaranteed she's gonna make him a wee-little man in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails