Apr 26, 2011

Let's Move! Beyoncé - Move Your Body (video)

Beyoncé took part in First Lady Michelle Obama's initiative to reduce childhood obesity and encourage "America's Move to Make a Healthier Generation of Kids." This task is being achieved by ensuring families have access to healthy and affordable food, by providing healthier foods in American schools and of course by encouraging children to become more physically active. Enter Beyoncé and her "flash exercise mob"set to a revised kid-friendlier version of one of my favourite Beyoncé tracks, 2007's "Get me Bodied."

The video for "Move Your Body" was directed by Melina Matsoukas and features choreography from Frank Gatson, who worked with Beyoncé for her "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" video (you know "the best video of all time!"). I'm all for people in general moving more, so I think this is a great idea and I hope it really does encourage more children to be more active.

As a related note: I love B's hair in this video, but I could have done without the "wave the American flag" line, I get it, it's an American initiative but why can't all children benefit? Hmmm....?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails