Mar 23, 2011

R.I.P. Elizabeth Taylor

Today we lost the only woman I can imagine as playing Cleopatra, the creator of Diamonds and originator of the celebrity fragrance, a woman who once said "I am a very committed wife, and I should be committed too...for being married so many times," thanks to her revolving-door marriage practices, who possesed two of the most beautiful eyes to ever be caught on camera, Elizabeth Taylor. The Oscar winning actress died today due to congestive heart failure at age 79, and a piece of the Golden Age of Hollywood died with her.

Having been compared to her most of my life (and was flattered every single time; she could honestly pass as one of my family members, they are that beautiful), I always felt an odd connection to the Social Acitivist and cancer surviver. There is no better time than now, to pop in a copy of Suddenly Last Summer, and recite every actresses favourite monologue..."He-he was lying naked on the broken stones...and this you won't believe! Nobody, nobody, nobody could believe it! It looked as if-as if.. they had devoured him!" Elizabeth is survived by four children, 10 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren, but she will be missed by millions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails