Mar 29, 2011

At the Juno's: Red Carpet Arrivals

Sunday night here in Toronto, was the 40th Annual Juno Awards, hosted by Toronto-born emcee Drake,

Who walked the Red Carpet looking ever so dapper with with his petite mother Sandi, and his grown out hair. This event was the moment that I stopped obsessing over Drake's irritatingly straight hairline, and saw the the attractive and hilarious dude under it.

Drake's first celebrity girlfriend & Juno winning singer Keisha Chante looked elegant in a Grecian inspired Romona Keveza gown. On a gossip note, not only has the "Canadian Princess of Pop" been linked to Drake, but she was rumoured to be "the other woman" that text Chris Brown, which ultimately led to his widely-publicized "altercation" [read: assaulted his girlfriend] with Rihanna .

New Brunswick singer Mia Martina, who's first single "Stereo Love" reached #10 in the Billboard Canadian Hot 100 in November 2010, wore one of my favourite dresses of the night. It reminds me of a dress I wanted from Marciano, I love the tie-dyed effect and how bohemian chic it feels.

One of Canada's most well known songstresses, Sarah McLachlan, attended the Juno's looking chic and edgy in all black. I like how she "dressed up" the look with the tuxedo jacket.

Another member of Canada's "broke through the US market" club, and Canadian Music Hall of Fame inductee, Shania Twain arrived wearing this black and white beaded full length tulle gown, that I both like and dislike. I can't quite put my finger on it, either the neckline is too high or the skirt doesn't flair out enough, or it flairs too much... I can't decide, but considering how horrible of dresser Shania is normally, this is fabulous!

Dancer, choreographer, actress and judge of So You Think You Can Dance Canada, Tré Armstrong looked lovely in this printed, strapless gown. She's making me crave more of this sunshine!

Canada's hip-hop ambassador, Kardinall Offishall showed up looking fly in a sateen red suit, and looking like a pimp in his fur collared jacket. You can hear Kardi's T.O. "Anthem" this Saturday at the TFC home game.

Singer Dallas Green and former Much Music VJ Leah Miller look like they may be on their way to being Canada's newest power couple. Such an unexpected pairing, but it's making me warm up to both of them, only slightly though. I may still think Leah is incredibly fake (on screen at least), but I am very much enjoying her Alexander McQueen mini, the hair however, well let's just say, this isn't yoga it's a Red Carpet Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails