Mar 28, 2011

At the Juno's: Drake "Old Money"

One of the highlight's for me at last night's Juno Awards, was the following skit starring Canadian emcee Drake,

"Swag, swag, swag, swag... Ok, you could get arrest for that, don't do that."

I'm a Drake fan, but not like most girls I know who are Drake fanatics. I've just never looked at him like that, I think he's talented, I like his lyrics, but it ends there. This video however put him on my bona fide crush list. I forgot for a second that before he was Drake the rapper, he was Aubrey Graham the actor. Hilarious.

My least favourite part of the Juno Awards was that they used Drake to get higher ratings, and much like the Academy Awards use of Anne Hathaway and James Franco, appeal to a younger audience, and yet they completely snubbed him and most of the Hip Hop genre in the awards category. They did, however make sure that Bieber won a couple of awards this year, since last year he was apparently pissed off that he lost, and had expected to win. Maybe that's why he didn't find it important to actually attend the ceremony... either that or he's presently touring in Europe. Perhaps opening for underground Hip Hop talent Cunninlynguists, on their European tour? "Yeah motherf*cker"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails