Feb 9, 2011

SAG Awards Roundup

Let's do a final SAG roundup, shall we?

Rosario Dawson almost made it into my list of favourites, but merely because of her Ferragmo heels and that flash of leg as she walked past the camera in her lemon J. Mendal v-neck dress. But I decided that wasn't really enough, although I do love the addition of her green earrings, they really help complete her look.

Another one I wanted to add to my favourites, was Natalie Portman in a white, strapless crystal embellished Azzaro column dress, but truthfully I didn't actually think it looked that great on her. This is going to sound horrible of me, and that is the only warning I give, but she doesn't glow the way I expect a pregnant woman to... Instead she just looks bloated? Overweight? I don't know, but it's not working for either of us!
Now someone who is making pregnancy work for her is 30 Rocks, Jane Krakowski in a knee-length, silver one-sleeved Badgley Mischka dress with nude pumps. Jane always pumps up the sex-factor, and I think she's achieving her best results.. and in her third trimester!
Kyra Sedgwick took a classic route, in a black Thierry Mugler Couture vintage dress.

Since when was Julianna Margulies this bloody thin? It's somewhat shocking! It almost makes me overlook her strapless scarlet YSL draped gown, which perhaps is making her look more lithe than usual, and if that's the case I'll take 5.

What is up with Julia Stiles showing up to public events? It's unlike her. And looking like she belongs there at that! I'm a fan of her white and navy ombre Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2011 gown, so much so, she almost made it onto my list of favourites.

Fortunately January Jones left the Versace at home and chose something that was more flattering, yet still equally impacting. At first I wasn't fully sold on her black and gold lace Carolina Herrera mermaid gown, but the more I notice the old Hollywood (Grace Kelly-esque) look she's pulling off here, the more it's grown on me. The only reason she didn't make it to my favourites list, I believe, is because I still haven't forgiven her Golden Globes mishap.

Glee's Jayma Mays looks less shockingly tiny in her peach silk chiffon Jenny Packham draped gown, as she did at the Golden Globes, thank god! Although I'm not fully sold on this dress, it's looking a little sloppy on her, the hair however, I love.

When Mr. Vegas and I saw Helena Bonham Carter walk by the screen in her black and lace Marc Jacobs cocktail dress, were both shocked! I love that he recognized her present fashion choice as noteworthy, usually Tim Burton's muse takes a much... nonconformist approach to fashion.

There's something rather unfortunate about Kim Kardashian's look on the SAG Red Carpet. I'm not sure if it was her lack of time to put any makeup on (which is the only reason I can come up with for why a woman who wears a smoky eye to shop has such a bare face) or if it's because her plum chiffon Marchesa Resort gown was ill-fitting. I love the embroidered details, but they look misplaced, like perhaps she needs to pull and shift the gown a bit. Also, it's too long.

Much like Julie Bowen's plunging v-neck pantsuit. That would look smoking hot otherwise, she just needed to hem it a couple centimeters (or an inch for the Americans).

You look pretty, Jenna Ushkowitz in your beige silk and organza Badgley Mischka sweetheart dress. You also look naked, I feel like I can see right through this.
I'm getting tired, so it's time to move this along. I don't like Nicole Kidman's black Nina Ricci dress. The end.

Oh Winona and her big brown beaver (it's a song, look it up), WTF??! were you thinking wearing a Alberta Ferretti bridal gown? And with a black purse no less, besides washing you out, you look a bit ridiculous.

But Kata Mara took the "looks ridiculous" cake in a beige Herve Leger by Max Azria... errr dress? It looks like a crafts project gone horribly awry.

My short form note for Cara Buono's navy strapless origami dress, was "trash bag vomit." It sums it up rather eloquently, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails