Feb 1, 2011

SAG Awards Favourites

This year I didn't actually get to watch the SAG Awards, I was too busy spending my weekend with Mr (former). Vegas, checking out a Big Sean show, discovering the Airplane Boys and briefly celebrating iLuvLola's birthday before heading back to the Hyatt for some alone time. During that alone time I got to catch a repeat of the Red Carpet (and was joyfully impressed by Mr (former). Vegas' reaction at some- I love the influence I've had on him!), and saw some incredible and incredibly hideous looks, but today let's focus on the gowns that looked great.

Black Swan actress, Mila Kunis was a notable favourite on the red carpet at the 2011 SAG Awards, in a red printed Alexander McQueen belted, strapless gown with sweetheart. Granted, I've seen this dress before, and Mila's is a couple inches too long, but her hair and makeup were a perfect compliment for the look; it was dramatic but without being too much and over the top.

Another favourite, who pulled off high drama without overkill, was Glee star Lea Michele in a pale blush, beaded Oscar de la Renta plunging v-neck gown. She looks effortlessly glamorous, and I agree with whomever I overheard the comparison from, a little Barbara Streisand-esque... but in a good way (I'm not a fan).

Another Glee actress who stole my fashion heart, yet again, was Heather Morris looking lovely and fresh in a silk chiffon Romona Keveza strapless gown. I love the detail of the rosette bodice, and the colour looks great on her tanned skin, reminds me of my favourite plastic lady (check out the profile photo).

Keeping with the Glee theme, Amber Riley really stood out in her custom-made black, one shoulder Anne Barge mermaid dress. She looks great and is really working the gown!

Oh Annette Bening how I love you, especially in this shimmery gold Tony Ward Couture gown. I love the bib-front detail, it really lights up her face. I'm suddenly reminded of Annette in Valmont (the lesser known "Dangerous Liasons") oh how I loved her giggle in that... I must find it and watch it again!

Sexy, strong, yet feminine and still age appropriate, all things that Hillary Swank has managed to exude and pull off in this nude chiffon, crystal detailed Versace one-shoulder gown.

Speaking of sexy, the predictably sexy Sofia Vergara looked stunning in a plunging, electric blue Roberto Cavalli dress. The colour is exceptionally complimentary against her cascading brunette waves. I am now missing my long hair, obviously that's the only thing preventing me from looking like this.

Also looking incredible is Ernest Borgnine's wife, Tova Borgnine in a teal silk, full ballgown skirt and jewelled v-neck shirt.

I know most people frown upon Boardwalk Empire actress, Paz de la Huerta's copper gown, but from this angle I actually kind of love it. The bold lips and two-tone hair included.

Jane Leeves looks fabulous in a he encrusted sleeveless, boat neck ombre gown, it's very much the classiest way you can wear a disco ball, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails