Feb 17, 2011

Grammy Standouts: Metallic Edition!

The moment I spied Heidi Klum in this gold sequined Julien Macdonald, shoulder cut-out gown, I literally gasped! She looks amazing. Clearly a contender for my list of favourite Standouts, but after I started compiling I noticed a trend and decided the metallic could stand alone!

Another Standout favourite, Jennifer Lopez looked hot with the diva hair, $340,000 worth of Cartier jewels and that incredible long sleeved silver Emilio Pucci (disco ball) mini. It gets even better as you work your way down her shiny legs, to those spiked Christian Louboutin "Very Mix" heels.

LeAnn Rimes hopped on the metallic trend, looking incredibly lithe in a gold sequined Reem Acra knotted gown. Is this what new love does to her? She loses a shockingly large amount of weight (for someone who was already thin to being with).

I had also included Selena Gomez in my list of Standouts before I had split the metallic trend from the group. Selena looked glamorous and perhaps a little too mature to be dating Justin Bieber in a pale gold metallic J. Mendel gown. She reminded me a little of Vanessa Hudgens, it has a chic but relaxed vibe to it.

Someone who was absolutely not on my favourites list, was reality celebutante Kim Kardashian in a bronzed gold Kaufman Franco plunging dress with high slit. The only reason she found her way on a Standout list, besides following a trend, is because she looks like she's trying desperately to be Jennifer Lopez, but sorry Kim, you're ass may be equally as notable, and your hair as enviable (and truthfully you're prettier), but you are no J-Lo.

Miranda Lambert was not originally on my Standout list, but that's not to say she did not look incredible in her shoulder-cutout, pewter metallic Edition by George Chakra gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails