Jan 17, 2011

Golden Globes - Sea of Green

One of the most notable trends on the 2011 Golden Globes Red Carpet, was a sea of green; but do not worry, there was not a single patch of "bridesmaid" sea foam green in the bunch!

The woman who got the most recognition for sporting this flattering colour trend was Angelina Jolie in long sleeved, backless, Kelly/Emerald Atelier Versace gown which was littered in Swarovski crystals. I love the silhouette the bold shoulders creates, granted you can't notice it as much in the photo I chose, but that's because Angie & Brad made such a spectacle of their love that I thought it blasphemous to deny them their shine as a twosome. I am not in the same awe with this dress as I've heard others are, but that's because, colour aside, this dress is very typically Angelina Jolie, long, flowy, jewelled. I'd also like to point out that Angie first wore this colour at last year's Oscar's, with her beautiful Lorraine Schwartz emerald drop earrings and massive cocktail ring.

Black Swan's Mila Kunis looked striking in her Jade, pleated, one shouldered Vera Wang gown. The dress' colour was a perfect compliment to her skin tone and chocolate locks. It appears green and brunettes are made for each other, and here we thought it was just for the gingers.

With that said, Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss looked lovely in her custom made, Donna Karen Hunter gown, however if she were a brunette she would look ravishing. The silk, strapless gown itself is beautifully intricate with it's folds and butterfly bodice, and fits Elisabeth flawlessly.

My least favourite, following the trend of the evening was Catherine Zeta-Jones in a dramatic Forest green Monique Lhuiller ballgown. Part of me thinks it's incredible, another part thinks it looks like a sofa..and a whole other part is reminded of Scarlett O'Hara, which could never be a bad thing... I'm so torn. Or in this case, rumpled...around my intestines. I just took it too far, didn't I?

1 comment:

  1. I am not a fan of Catherine's dress at all. When I look at it, the first thing that I think of is of that fake grass in a slightly darker shade. I love the way that the dress flows, but at the same time I am also not a fan of the rumpled look at the stomach. It makes her look like she is leaning too far back, giving it a really uncomfortable feel.

    Mila, of course, is my favourite. In this dress she actually looks like a distinguished, grown-up woman, while still keeping that spark of youth that we have all become familiar with in her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails