Jan 18, 2011

Golden Globes - Pretty in Pink

Last year purple reigned at the Golden Globes, this year things are muted, and lighter, much lighter.

The pinkest of them all was Glee standout, Lea Michele wearing a one shoulder, silk faille Oscar de la Renta gown, that reminded me of two of my favourites, Peaches n' Cream Barbie and Marilyn Monroe, thanks to the ruffle detail congregating at her hip. She does a good job at keeping this colour from looking bubblegum, thanks to the makeup choice.

I don't normally showcase Red Carpet presenters, for some reason I do not believe they deserve any kudos for their Awards gowns- perhaps since they are not actually attending, nor receiving the awards, regardless I've made Maria Menounos in a pale pink, tiered Pamella Roland dress an exception. Why? I like the dress, that's why, it's pretty.

First, WTF?!?!?! Did Megan Fox do to her face? She's young, way too young to look like Joan Rivers slightly younger sister. Lay off the Botox, step away from the cosmetic surgeon. I only say this because I care. You were a pretty girl before any procedures, then you had achieved a sultry vixen inhuman hotness, now you've almost become Cat Lady. As a side note, I think the pale pink, custom Armani Privé dress is lovely and sexy and the Brian Atwood shoes are a great compliment and completely covet-worthy.

Hey Naya, take note from Megan, leave at the breast enhancement, and while you're at it gain some weight. Where on earth are your hips?!?! I'd make a Jessica Rabbit reference, only you're lacking all the curves. Your pale pink strapless, Douglas Hannant column dress is still sexy though, but I'm afraid the weight of your upper body is going to make your wee little legs and baby hips crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails