Nov 17, 2010

Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock (video)

It seems to be video week here at TMP (I literally wrote "TIMP" first, wonder if that could be some new euphemism for "pimp." I'm not really sure how that would work or what the T would stand for...and the first word to come to mind is not appropriate to mention while attempting to discuss female empowerment!). It also seems to be "Woman's Week" First we had Lykke Li, then Rihanna, now Keri Hilson with the video for her ode-to-self "Pretty Girl Rock."

I had barely made if half way through the video and I was already loving it and imagining how often I'll be playing it when I get ready in the AM. Yes, I've had it on repeat from the moment I first hit play, but the video's visuals just heighten my affection, as Keri portrays beautiful women from ages. She celebrates the woman who paved the road for we females today from the Cabaret era of Josephine Baker, to Dorothy Dandridge, to the Boogie-Woogie era of the Andrews Sisters, Diana Ross' Motown, Donna Summer's 70s, Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation" in the 80s and even TLC's "Creep." How can anyone hate that?

On an unrelated note, I'm loving her blonde bob at the very end. It's inspiring me to go even blonder, or perhaps I'll do a 180 and go black!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails