Oct 5, 2010

Travie McCoy Fires Back at Katy Perry

First Travie McCoy announces he's coming out with a mixtape entitled "Forgetting Katy Perry." Months later, "Circle the Drain," one of the tracks from Katy's sophomore album, Teenage Dream leaks, and it's quite clear who she's referring to in the bitter stab at a drug-abusing ex. And now the latest installment of the Travie-Katy breakup backlash, Travie addresses the rather spiteful, yet honest, track; "I heard she put out a song that's about me, or about some old habits or whatever. I look at it like this: I'm just stoked that she finally has a song with some substance on her record. Good job." 

I read that, and my immediate, rather mature reaction was this: "Oh SNAP!" Don't get me wrong, I love me a little Katy Perry, but the guy's got a point. "Circle the Drain" is definitely the most substantial song that Katy's ever written; and providing he's still clean (which after his sickly appearance at the MTV VMA's, I question), Travie should take pride that he inspired her so passionately and authentically. The emotions within Katy's "attack" were palpable, I can only hope Travie will mirror that passion with Gym Class Heroes upcoming Papercut Chronicles II.

2 comments:

  1. i agree.. i'm REALLY hoping for an honest album from gch. i want the darkness back but i have a feeling it will be more quilt than pc. we'll have to see though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I can see that happening too, although Travie's gone through a lot- not just heartbreak, but also drug addiction and battling with it, possibly overcoming it etc- so there's definitely some deep and even dark subject matter to inspire...
    Let's just wait and see...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails