Oct 4, 2010

Music Monday: Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock

Keri Hilson is definitely on to something here; her ode-to-yourself "Pretty Girl Rock," is the second single off her sophomore album, No Boys Allowed, which is still in progress. The Ne-Yo and Chuck Harmony produced track boasts a smooth, poppy, head-bobbing beat as Keri proclaims, "Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful." 

But don't mistake the beautiful singer as an "ugly" egocentric, the song is not intended to be a very public and vain ego boost, instead Keri's encouraging everyone to take the message of the song to and apply it to themselves, think a more upbeat "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera. "Get yourself together don’t hate, jealous is the ugliest trait/I can talk about it cause I know that I’m pretty/If you know it too then ladies sing it with me." 

"Pretty Girl Rock" will be available on iTunes October 12th, but fortunately for you, you're a TMP reader and you can preview it below! While you're waiting for your download to be complete, you can watch a live performance of Keri doing the "Pretty Girl Rock."


Now you can join in,  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails