Oct 14, 2010

Lauren Conrad's Busy Month


The third and final installment of Lauren's L.A. Candy novel triology, Sugar and Spice, found it's way to bookshelves this month on October 5th. That same day, you would have been able to find Lauren Conrad's name in another section of your bookstore, with her book Lauren Conrad Style, which as you can guess is a style guide co-written with Lucky Magazine editor-at-large Elise Loehnen. Tomorrow I'll be stopping by my local Indigo to pick up High-Powered Investing for Dummies, but don't be fooled that I will pass up picking either of these two books. First off, I read the first two novels of Lauren's triology, and was surprised at how much I enjoyed them and how easily read they were. Lauren has a very smooth and simple writing-style, which was perfect for the novels' subject, loosely based on her own life, and perfect for summer reading. While I don't feel as if I need a style guide, I can't help but collect them, and I'm a fan of Lauren's no-fuss, polished California girl-chic choices, so I'm definitely interested in reading about her style motto's.

I absolutely loved Lauren's white lace Notte by Marchesa sheath mini, she wore to a book signing.

Lauren continued to look flawlessly chic during her book tour, in this navy blue BCBG Max Azria draped mini, with matching patent belt and pumps.

Looking chic yet casually cool in Amanda Uprichard's "Ella" dress,

In a favourite of mine, Halston Heritage's bohemian "Night Fever Cape Dress, " now that's some great advertising for both the book and HH!

I'm even more interested in Lauren Conrad Style, especially since when Lauren first started out on The Hills, she was stretching out a Forever 21 wardrobe to look great on camera, without any repeats. According the reality star, the book is about building around key fashion items, advice every girl could benefit from and save their wallets from emptying too quickly and their closets from being over-stuffed...ah-hem.

On top of all of this, Lauren begins filming for her new TV show next week! Busy girl! She claimed on "Regis and Kelly" that this show will be nothing like The Hills, and instead of "reality" drama, it will be more of a documentary of the starlets work-life, and getting her and her two best friends' new fashion line Paper Crown off the ground. I can't wait to see how this goes, this new show will apparently be all that extra stuff that The Hills left out... the reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails