Oct 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This is one of my favourite time of year, not only because I can wear as minimal clothing as a like and avoid catty judgments and the cat calls are minimal (well that's not entirely true, but they're dispersed evenly throughout all the other woman, and men dressed up in costumes), but also because I've got a theatrical heart, and during Halloween you can be whoever you want. Every year I seem to want to be the same collection of people, usually Disney based, Alice, Snow White, Dorothy, Marie Antoinette (with petticoats and bustles and bustiers, oh my!). This year was no different, as I've already expressed, I wanted to dress up as Alice in Wonderland, but I could not for the life of me, find an Alice costume I liked, and I didn't find I had enough time to make one myself. Fortunately, on Saturday afternoon (October 30th), I found my costume: Minnie Mouse! It makes sense since I love all things Disney that I may as well dress up as the indirect matriarchal symbol of the brand I love.

I had a fun night, although I've had some issues plaguing my thoughts, but all was set aside to focus on finding and accessorizing the right costume. As fun as that search may be, it can also be quite stressful, so my friends and I have decided that next year we're going to have a costume swap! We're all relatively similar in size, and would have a large pool of costumes to choose from. I'm excited already! In the meantime I'm looking for Halloween costume sales now, because as Ministry said "every day is Halloween," or at least it is for me, behind closed doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails