Sep 15, 2010

VMA Leftovers

Ashley Greene was originally on my Standouts list, until I realized she just didn't belong. Don't get me wrong, I think her white with black overlay strapless Giambattista Valli Resort 2011 mini is great. I'd love to wear it myself, but I decided, compared to the rest on the list her look just doesn't stand out enough, especially compared to Katy Perry's Marchesa which this is quite similar only lacking that extra oomph.

Ciara's feather and lace Givenchy Fall 2010 Couture dress was definitely a standout contender. I'm generally a big fan of anything feathered (except for bangs), and I liked the ombre effect of the skirt, I just don't really like this dress as a whole.

Emma Stone looked hot in a black leather Pucci dress, and kohl rimmed eye. I've been pairing a vintage leather indigo purse with a lot of black, so naturally my favourite part of her look was her blue clutch.

Lo Bosworth wore a gold brocade, one-shoulder Gabriela Cadena dress, and somehow managed to make it look dull thanks to her hair and shoes.

Audrina Patridge looked more covered up than usual in a shimmery, silver Isaac Mizrahi belted dress.  I like her mix of metallics with her gold Balmain shoes. 

Hard Times of RJ Berger actress and former Price is Right showcase model, Amber Lancaster wore an edgy Alice Olivia LBD with embellished shoulder cut-outs and Rene Caovilla shoes. Finally she actually looks like a 30 year old woman, instead of the high school student she plays on TV! Impressive.

Oh Roxy, Roxy, Roxy. Clearly she was worried that people wouldn't notice her, unfortunately there is nothing about this that actually looks good. Nothing.

It's nice to see Sofia Vergara in something other than Carolina Herrera; her glittering Dolce & Gabbana sequined dress was an excellent choice. D&G are a perfect match for the sexy actress, and event appropriate.

Miranda Cosgrove looked innocent and sweet in a tiered navy, beaded Elise Overland cocktail dress, a perfect shade against her fair skin. This reminds me a lot of a dress I wore to a wedding last year. Irrelevant? Probably, but that is really the only additional thoughts that come to mind when I look at this. 

I remember swedish singer Robyn back in '97 with "Do You Really Want Me" (am I really special...if you really want me, don't make me wait to long..), and "Show Me Love." I never realized that inside that short haired, platinum blonde singer, she was harbouring an androgynous alien being with a penchant for 70s bomber jackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails