Sep 10, 2010

New York Fashion Week! Fashion's Night Out & Chanel

There is so much going on this week! First there's the Toronto International Film Festival, which I should be heading out to tonight; then the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York premieres today, which I "should" be attending (but I'm not) and to top it all off tonight is Fashion's Night Out! Fashion's Night Out? You may ask yourself, what's that? Well, in short it's the fashion industries attempts to balance out sale declines thanks to the recession, but it's also a chance to celebrate fashion, with sales from such accessible stores like Guess by Marciano, who tonight after 5pm will be having a 20% off all regular priced merchandise sale and 50% off all sale items. Or if you've ever wanted to shop at Piperlime.com but were hesitant to purchase clothing from online, now is your chance to try something on first until October 3rd, because Piperlime is s opening their very first pop-up store in SoHo at 93 Mercer. Their grand opening, tonight, is being hosted by celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe. Then there are all the events and sales happening in LA, like my personal favourite: 400 Dresses at DecadesTwo. Decades, one of the best shops for designer vintage will have 400 dresses for $400 or less. Then there are the parties, Lanvin's Bingo Night, Valentino's charity Poker tournament, or a chance to mingle with some hipsters at the Black Carnivale at Bowery & Bond. It's definitely a great weekend to be in NYC. 

It's also a great weekend to look like this:

Oh My Goodness! I love Blake Lively's  yellow and sapphire, beaded tribal print Marchesa Resort 2011 strapless mini! In typical Lively fashion, Blake is showing off her fabulous legs at Fashion's Night Out: The Show at Lincoln Center, and I couldn't be happier... well I could... if those were my legs, in that dress..but I'm happy for her and that counts for something.

I find it somehow ironic that Rachel Bilson is following Blake, I'm sure there's a Mischa Barton comparison to made there somewhere, I just can't seem to put my finger on it, you know, besides their shared height and leggyness, and both star(red) in CW-teenaged drama... So I can put my finger on it, but I digress! Here the former "future Mrs. Christensen" attends the re-opening of the Chanel Soho boutique last night, in Chanel of course. I'm particularly found of this fringed Fall 2010 mini, and especially like the pairing of her Brian Atwood booties, the one piece that makes me excited for fall (well boots and sweater dresses).


There is not a Chanel event that is complete without the attendance of former German model Diane Kruger. Her watercoloured ruffled, ombré Chanel Fall 2010 dress is fun and flirty, and definitely something I'd be seen in, although I'm not a fan of the lace-up booties, nor am I sure about the exposed shoulder. It feels as if she's made this otherwise chic dress a bit haphazardly sloppy, and Chanel is never haphazard!

If there isn't a Chanel event without Diane, there is not a Fashion event without Alexa Chung. I would seriously have NO idea who this girl were, if not for her insistent attendance at all things fashion. Sometimes, I find she's a girl who tries too hard to look like she's not trying at all, take her hair for example; her multi-patterned black and white Chanel Resort 2011 shift, however, is adorably chic, and fits her style tremendously, right down to her mary-jane flats.

It's simple, but not boring and I'm fully capable of appreciating a subtle stand out. Leighton Meester's geometric statement necklace is certainly what draw my eye to her, and she paired it with the perfect little black Chanel dress.

Photo Credit: WireImage & GoFugYourself.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails