Sep 6, 2010

The Emmy's Fashion Favourites

January Jones was one of my favourites from last year's Emmy's, but unfortunately I completely overlooked, not just her, but the entire award show in general; I was then planning on doing an entire post on the 2009 Emmy's with my Overlooked Favs from 2009 post, but then, well... I didn't. This year, January Jones is not my absolute favourite, but she's definitely in the list with her another highly detailed Versace gown, this year she chose an Atelier Versace Spring 2010 "mullet dress" made of blue silk satin petals.

Just look at that intricate detail! And I love the electric blue. She reminds me of an eel- I'd like to make a mermaid comparison since they're obviously more appealing, but thanks to the over-worn mermaid dresses, I'm using MGMT as inspiration; "Shock me like an electric eel."

I absolutely love the colours of Betty White's ensemble! She looks like cotton candy, and she's giving me a sugar high. 

The hottest mother/daughter combo I can think of, Susan Sarandon looks incredible in Donna Karen and ever since I saw her on Californication, I've had a bit of a girl crush on her daughter Eva Amurri. She's only encouraging my crushing in her strapless, Thierry Mugler gown.

First off, I am genuinely excited for the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries. Secondly, Nina Dobrev has lost a lot of weight, but I think she looks incredibly svelte in her nude, one-shoulder, floral silk Zuhair Murad gown.

Also in a stunning nude blush Zuhair Murad gown is Grammy Winning singer Jewel.  The Fall 2010 couture gown is beautifully romantic, with it's sweetheart neckline, tiers of lace topped off with a satin bow waist. It's just so lovely, it reminds me of a wedding gown worn in a time before they became such large sequined monstrosities (oh the 80s!), not sure what era, however.

Another one of my ultimate favourites, and also nude, is Claire Danes in a showstopping Swarovski crystal encrusted Armani Privé sequin beaded strapless gown. I love the shape of this dress, not quite a column, not quite mermaid, and the bodice hugs her like a second, sparkling skin.

The Office's Ellie Kemper continues the nude trend, and ups the romance factor in her blush, fan pleated tulled Tadashi Shoji Fall 2010 gown. I like how the black sash breaks up the nude tiers and I absolutely love her keyhole pumps! I find them unexpected, and I'm grateful she didn't pick something nude or metallic.

Rounding out the nudes, is another list topper, Glee actress Dianna Agron in a stunning Carolina Herrera Resort 2011 tiered lace ball-type gown. Another romantic choice shown on the red carpet, and I'm absolutely loving all these Victorian inspired lace gowns! Clearly I need to pull out my nude tiered lace top this weekend! What to pair it with? Hmmm...? Perhaps my black satin Badgley Mischka peep toes, and...skinny jeans? I'm excited for the weekend already!

I LOVE Jayma Mays, she's adorable for one, but she knows how to turn up the sex appeal, as she does here looking incredible in her navy Burberry Prorsum strapless gown. Besides the gown and its fit, I love the volume of her hair, very reminiscent of the era of Brigitte Bardot, also the era of Drew Barrymore promoting Grey Gardens

Truthfully, after examining Jayma's look for so long, Lea Michele's Oscar de la Renta has lost its sparkle. Originally, I was a fan of the silk taffeta and tulle navy gown, I fell for the colour, the fabric and the hemlines ruffles. Okay, forget my opening sentence, it's still fabulous.

I feel it should be known that I am an undefeated Champion at 6 Degrees of Separation, and besides them being married for the past 22 years I could easily link Kyra Sedgwick to her hubby Kevin Bacon, but that of course is another post.  The “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series” for “The Closer” winner looked youthful and elegant in a burgundy Monique Lhuillier Fall 2010 strapless gown. I've always been a fan of this maxi-dress shape, flowing cascading fabric, with a skinny-belted waist. 

I'm not really going to shock anyone with my affection of Jennifer Carpenter’s sparkly Oday Shakar, one sleeved gown. I am truly devoted to sparkle and shine, and this shape looks superb on the Dexter actress, I especially love how she wore her hair down and on the opposite side of the sleeve as not to compete. It's those little extras that can really make a look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails