Aug 31, 2010

Shing Shing Regime - We Strive (video)

Today's Music Monday, may come late, but it's also coming from my teenaged hometown, H-town! Better known as Hamilton, Ontario, also better known as Steel City (we've got two steel mills, both Stelco and Dofasco), or Donut Rock Central (we have a lot of Tim Horton's...on every corner). The group is called Shing Shing Regime, and the sad thing is, I have never heard of them until today. The sadder (yeah, I used it) thing is that it was a West Coast American who informed me of this group.. from a city I reside in part time! Am I really that out of touch? Clearly I need to go out and experience more local music shows! I'm using SSR's "We Strive" video as inspiration, with all of it's Hamilton-landmark imagery,

Formed in 2007, Shing Shing Regime consists of its 2 founding emcees Born Truth and Cee Self 7 and newest addition to the regime, DJ AKiiN (a.k.a. DJ TA-VU), originally from Ojamanu Sound. I'm definitely interested in hearing more from this trio, perhaps I'll run into them while I'm scouring the streets of H-Town looking for local musical talent!

4 comments:

  1. West Coast American? geez... i really fell down the ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Sorry Mr. Vegas.. The point was that you were as far from the city (but still in North America) as possible, and I lived right in the area, right in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to show my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make audience, browse the whole thing to the end. I'd really like to read more of your blogs and to talk about my views with you. I'll be your frequent website visitor, that’s for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails