Aug 25, 2010

Remembering Aaliyah

It was nine years ago today that songstress Aaliyah Dana Haughton died in a fatal plane crash in Barbados, at the young age of 22. Aaliyah's memory has lived on through her friends and colleagues, such as Missy Elliott and Timbaland; through the new artists she had inspired, Ciara & Ashanti; and of course, through her music videos and movies.  To help remember Aaliyah today I wanted to share with you a couple of my favourite Aaliyah videos.

"Rock the Boat," one of my favourite tracks to sing from the departed singer.

"One in a Million" marked the beginning of the highly successful and complimentary partnership and friendship of Aaliyah with producers Timbaland and Missy Elliott.

"Back and Forth" was Aaliyah's first music video, and I still catch myself singing it randomly 16 years later. I'd love to hear what you're favourite Aaliyah track of video is, including her scene in Queen of the Damned where she rips out that guys heart!

2 comments:

  1. all good choices. i'd throw in "are you that somebody" and "try again".

    nutty professor and romeo must die soundtracks FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both were in my list, but they made it onto the cutting room floor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails