Aug 2, 2010

Music Monday: Bruno Mars - Just the Way You Are

To explain my delay in Music Monday, I will cling to a favoured excuse, "What? It was a holiday!" As for my excessive absence this past month, I turn to "What? It's the summer!" I've been spending many of my days at the beach (including yesterday, but unfortunately it was a wasted day: major overcast), and it is because of this I have decided to bring you Beach Week. Ironically Beach Week is taking place during the same time as The Discovery Channel's "Shark Week," but I hope that doesn't frighten you away. I swim in lakes, Lake Erie mostly, to be precise, so no shark attacks for me!

For the start of Beach Week, I bring to you a voice you should already be familiar with this summer, thanks to him lending his super smooth vocals to B.o.B.'s "Nothin' on You" and Travie's "Billionaire." Bruno Mars is responsible for some of the catchiest hooks I've heard this year, and is hoping to keep you hooked with a forthcoming album, the first single being "Just the Way You Are" released July 19th. "If perfects what you're searching for, then just stay the same." Love it. As an added bonus, I also included "The Other Side" featuring B.o.B. and Cee-Lo off Bruno's May EP It's Better if You Don't Understand. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails