Jul 26, 2010

Music Mondays: Christina Aguilera "You Lost Me" (Video)

Last week Christina Aguilera premiered the video for the latest single off her album Bionic, "You Lost Me." The song is one of a few ballads co-written by Australian singer/songwriter Sia, about the emotional turmoil of a relationship lost thanks to infidelity;


And we had magic
And this is tragic
You couldn't keep your hands to yourself

I feel like our world's been infected,
And somehow you left me neglected

We've found our lives been changed
Babe, you lost me

Words that I'm sure will speak to many people, and are not lost on me. The video reminds me of "Beautiful" from her album Stripped, but that may be due to the dingy bedroom scene? I loved the hair colour, and the Lauren Conrad mascara tear-streaks! There was something about the video that reminded me of a old Christina, pre X-Tina days, perhaps it's thanks to editing and her appearing so fresh-faced and youthful, or maybe it's because she's singing a ballad, merely showing off her vocal ability instead of adding all the extra bells and whistles. Speaking of "extras" WTF!? was up with the video special effects? Unnecessary and unfitting. With that said, at least with this video no one will dare compare her to Lady Gaga this time around!

3 comments:

  1. I sure did. Worst thing that's ever happened in my life. I really miss you, milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that “The content of your post is awesome” Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very much satisfied by providing the nice understanding and implement the different technology is visible in this blog. Thanks a lot for sharing the nice implement and providing the great info.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails